bbq chicken & bacon stuffed sweet potato // fall weather has me craving all of my fave sweet potato recipes. this is one of my simple, go-to post-workout lunches.
I usually make a crockpot of chicken breasts at the beginning of the week so I have shredded chicken readily available to season and add to any lunch.
- poke holes around a sweet potato with a fork, wrap in paper towel and microwave for 8 mins
- remove from microwave, slice it open lengthwise, and scoop out the inside into a bowl
- mash the sweet potato with a little butter and salt & pepper and stuff it back into the shell
- put shredded chicken in a bowl and add sauce of choice (I used a homemade bbq sauce) and top the mashed sweet potato with the chicken
- finally, top the chicken with other ingredients (I used bacon, red onion, green pepper & a little cheese)
- optional: place entire stuffed sweet potato back in microwave for about 20 seconds, or until cheese is melted
- enjoy!! 😋
these are great for taking to work and heating at lunch. you can also skip the stuffing of the sweet potato, keep mashed sweet potato on hand and pile it all together on a plate for an even faster version 😊