🥡Egg Roll in a Bowl🥡
•1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
•1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
•1 cup shredded carrots
•2 celery stalks, chopped
•4 cups shredded cabbage •1 cup sliced mushrooms
•2 Tablespoons tamari •1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
•Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
•1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
•Chopped green onions & sesame seeds, for garnish
1. Heat the olive oil a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, and sauté the onion, carrots, and celery until they start to soften, about 5 minutes.
2. Add in the shredded cabbage, mushrooms, tamari, salt and pepper, along with a splash of water to help prevent sticking. The water should immediately sizzle when you add it to the pan, creating steam.
3. Cover the skillet and lower the heat, cooking until the vegetables are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on how crunchy or soft you want the vegetables to be. Stir in the sesame oil as soon as the vegetables are tender, so that it's not exposed to too much heat.
4. If you'd like to add in some organic, sprouted tofu to this dish, move the cooked vegetables to the edge of the pan to create a well in the center. Add a touch more oil, and scramble the tofu directly in the pan until cooked through. Stir to combine with the vegetables.
5. Season with additional salt and pepper, if desired, and then serve warm with a topping of green onions and sesame seeds.