🐄 tongue 🌮 on a low carb tortilla so this is my second time eating tacos today, first I tried with pork rinds tortilla and know whith a low carb tortilla and let me tell you I don't care what you say nothing beats the original corn tortillas. I miss you my 🌽 tortillas
A little behind today! Supper was a whopper with cheese, mayo and SF ketchup added! Lunch was.....well a mess...went to Thai, order something “new” that I thought would be half way decent for me but it ended up being a heaping puke of fried rice with the veggies and beef in it! 😢😫🙄 so I picked out veggies and beef bakers I could! Ugh. Breakfast was old faithful!
Potassium is important on keto, which of course we put in our @ketovitals electrolytes. Many think of bananas first for potassium but avocados are a much better choice for keto. No sugar, low net carbs and delicious!
🍂 #Fall Keto Dinner 🍂 Juicy Pork Tenderloin ▪️ Butternut Squash & Chorizo Hash ▪️ Grain Mustard Cream Sauce
Yum! See below ⤵️ for #Recipes! This was a truly delicious dinner, perfect for a chilly fall evening. The pork was so juicy, and the hash was sweet and spicy.
✍️ RECIPE: Butternut Squash & Chorizo Hash
1. Finely chop one onion. Peel, slice, and chop 1/2 butternut squash into even cubes.
2. Heat up a cast iron pan with 3 TBS butter. Once hot, put in the onion and squash. And sauté for 3 minutes or so. Add salt and pepper.
4. Add 4 oz of uncooked chorizo (I used @caciqueinc brand, found at @walmart). Continue sautéing for about 10 minutes. Don’t stir too much, because you want to develop some color and crunch.
5. Taste if it needs salt. And serve.
✍️ RECIPE: Sous Vide Pork Tenderloin
1. First, salt and pepper one whole pork tenderloin.
2. Place in vacuum bag. Place two sprigs of rosemary on the length of the pork. Add 4 TBS of fat (I used duck fat, but olive oil, butter, or bacon fat would also work). Seal vacuum bag.
3. Cook Sous Vide for 2 hours @ 135F.
4. Place a cast iron pan on high heat. Remove pork from vacuum bag and pat dry with a paper towel. Discard rosemary.
5. Salt again, and sauté in butter on high until all sides have a nice brown color.
6. Let rest for 5 minutes. Slice. And serve!
✍️ RECIPE: Easy Mustard Cream Sauce
1. In a small saucepan, add 3 TBS butter and 1/2C heavy cream. Warm on medium heat and add 1 TBS whole grain Dijon mustard. Add 1/4C shredded mozzarella.
2. Stir with a whisk until sauce is thick. Add salt to taste.
HUGE #NSV tonight: we ate at one of our favorite Mexican restaurants and I was able to enjoy everything in #keto friendly ways! Lettuce instead of tortilla chips, and veggies instead of rice and beans, etc. So easy and sooooo good. SO HAPPY, Y’ALL. 😁🎉
today is the last day of #ketoween! life got the best of me today and I ended with a cheat but I’ve lost 4.2lbs in 31 days and met some AMAZING people along the way. ❤️ love this community so much and can’t wait to continue through the holidays.