Finally hit up @alepheatery today and the tomato soup and halloumi grilled cheese sandwich are *really* good. The tomato soup is perfectly textured and incredibly flavourful, and the sandwich is halloumi cheese with red pepper and pickled onions on sourdough and mange’s to strike a perfect balance between all these things. Also, I was actually full when I was done, which is a rare occupancy. Definitely try them out.
Here’s one for [nearly] everyone to enjoy (soz vegans 🤷🏽♂️).
If you find it hard getting your greens in, jazz them up a little bit: - pour 100g of curly kale into a greased baking tray.
- drizzle it with olive oil then sprinkle with salt, pepper and chilli flakes and give it a little toss.
- bang it in the oven on gas mark 6/200 for 10-12 minutes, making sure you give it a quick mix around half way through. There’s a very thin line between this being crispy and tasty and being burnt and disgusting so, make sure you keep an eye on it.
- while your kale is cooking, chop up some halloumi into little squares (I got a ‘fiery halloumi with chilli’ from @tescofood which went really well with the chilli flakes on the kale).
- pop it in a pan on a medium heat; no need for any oil, a good non-stick pan will do.
- dry fry that until it goes a nice golden brown (just like the picture 💁🏽♂️).
- serve the halloumi on top of the kale.
This works really well as a little snack or side but I also had it with my herb crusted hake with lemon and caper butter the other day and it was absolute delicious.
I’ll post the fish recipe up soon (see pic a few posts back). Enjoy everyone! #balance#lifestyle#fitness#LITness#tempstips#vegetarian
Did someone say fritters?
No, well what about beetroot, haloumi & quinoa fritters w miso pumpkin purée, mint Gippsland yoghurt, baby kale, smoked pepita + chickpea salad ✌🏽
+ poached egg or smoked salmon for happiness!