Gluten free vegan lemon tartlets🍋 perfect treat for a special occasion- healthy, tasty and looks cute!
For the crust (makes 4 tarts):
•1 cup gluten free flour
•1/2 cup almond flour
•1/4 cup coconut oil
•1-2 tablespoons of honey
•pinch of salt
•1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
•1 1/2 cups full fat coconut cream
•1/3 cup honey
•1 tbs lemon zest
•1 tsp powdered agar agar
•1/2 cup coconut cream
•1 tsp vanilla essence •1/3 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Blend together flours and salt then add honey until mixture holds together when pressed.
2. Evenly divide mixture between four greased individual tart pans. Use a fork to punch holes in the pastry to avoid it rising.
3. Place on a baking sheet and partially bake for 8-10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, Gently heat all the filling ingredients, except the agar agar in a small pot on low heat. Once heated through whisk in the agar agar. Bring mixture to the boil, reduce heat & simmer for a few minutes. Allow the mixture to cool a little.
5. Place mixture onto the half baked tarts and pop back in the oven for 15 min.
6. For the cream topping, start whisking the cold coconut cream with an electric whisk and slowly add icing sugar and vanilla until a froth is formed.
7. Keep in fridge for an hour and serve☺️