Had a very close call today with this guy. My partner and I heard squealing downstairs, she rushed down there first and I followed behind. Laura was first to see and screamed to me in desperation. Cleo and Zeus were playing when cleo somehow got her bottom jaw stuck and twisted in Zeuss collar. She was freaking out due to being stuck and trying to pull away to break herself free, little did she know the twisted collar was suffocating Zeus. The tight collar cut Cleos gums and skinned her face. Zeus was still choking and actually passed out twice. Laura and I tried desperately to get the collar unstuck to almost no success but I somehow tore the locked collar apart as Zeus passed out for the second time. I fear any longer and we would have lost him. After a vet trip we have had good news, nothing serious is wrong with either dogs, Zeus has burst blood vessels in his eyes and Cleo has some cuts, both injuries will clear.
I am never putting a collar back on my boy again. I would hope that this story will get other owners to check how loose their furry friends collars are or remove them completely to ensure nothing like this or worse happens to any of your beautiful animals. Much love to all ❤ •