• Sattriya received a recognition by Sangeet Natak Akademi, on 15 November 2000, as one of the classical dance forms of India.
• Sattriya, since it's creation by great saint Srimanta Sankardev in Assam, has remained a living tradition in Assam's Vaishnav Monasteries called Sattras, hence the name, Sattriya.
• Due to the strict adherence to its sattra principles, the dance has been able to maintain its pure form and distinct style.
• Sattriya Nritya is accompanied by musical compositions called Borgeets, based on classical ragas.
• A male costume is a dhoti and chadar while a female costume is a ghuri and chadar, both made by Pat silk woven with intricate local motifs.
• Anwesa Mahanta and Ghanakanta Bora are the Sattriya Dancers of the SPIC MACAY family!
#pdpu #spicmacay #sattriya #indiandance #classicaldance #indianculture
Urmila Sathyanarayanan is for Pursuit and Perseverence! Continuing the legacy of her guru, late KJ Sarasa and the bani she represented, Urmila is a traditionalist who, with pride, extols the beauty of the margam repertoire, celebrating its framework. In an interview with her many years ago on the margam, she spoke to us about how she found the margam “not limiting, but liberating”. We remember writing about her when she began her dance school, Natya Sankalpa, and we were happy to play a part in its tenth anniversary celebration as well. Tschool that she built, is an institution that not only teaches the Bharatanatyam, but also empowers dancers who have gone onto become performers. Her solo work is as exciting as her ensemble productions, and this Navarathri, we wish you nothing but the best.
#morepowertowomen #durgalakshmisaraswathi #motherdaughtersister #sakhi #sibling #aalaap #salutes #respect #bharatanatyam #classicaldance #performing arts #dance #music
🤸♀️IMPROVE YOUR PERFORMACE🤸♀️
Dance is freedom of expression, a passion for life woven into every movement. We want you to feel free from pain, restriction, tightness and fear. Your body is capable of so much more! Your potential is beyond what you could imagine. @atozphysiotherapy are specialists in dance physiotherapy and movement and we are here to help you unlock the potential you’ve always dreamed of. You deserve it! ❤️ What is holding you back from your dream and full potential? We would love to hear from you 🤗 .
#dancephysio #potential #dancers #movement #townsville #performance