Easy Cheesey Chicken Enchilada Soup
This soup is so easy to make, there’s not even a real recipe for it. Every ingredient I add is to my liking, aka no real measuring necessary.
2 Tablespoons Butter
Onion (I used yellow and about ¼ of one)
2 Cups water (start with ¼ cup, then add more until soup is thin enough)
1 can Red Enchilada Sauce
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
8 oz Cream Cheese
Shredded Cheese (I used Cheddar and a Mexican blend, about 1 ½ cups)
Green Chilis (or whatever kind you prefer, I used about ¾ cups, with seeds)
1. Cook onions with butter until translucent.
2. Add chilis and ¼ c of water. Let simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add in chopped chicken and enchilada sauce. Let simmer another 5 minutes.
4. Add in cream of chicken, cheese and cream cheese.
5. Add in any more water until you reach your desired soup thin-ness.
6. Add in salt and any other spices you desire. I used fresh green chilis with lots of seeds, so no other spices besides salt was needed for my soup 👌🏼.
Soup will continue to thicken as it’s left simmering on the stove, just add water (¼ cup at a time) if you need it to be thinner.
Let me know what you think!