COLORADANS! Please join us in striking down Proposition 112 as you’re mailing in your ballots this week and next! This is a proposition funded by out-of-state money that provides no clear safety, health, or environmental benefits (there is no conclusive science showing that there is any incremental benefit to increasing setbacks beyond the current 500’ and 1000’ requirements) but would utterly cripple our state’s economy – costing an estimated 140,000 jobs (70% of which would be in sectors outside of energy) and >$1B in tax revenue annually. Without a current viable alternative to supply the energy, fuel, and materials that oil & natural gas afford, these products would then have to be imported to CO from other states - or worse, other countries - with vastly lower environmental and safety standards than we have here in CO.
Prop. 112 is opposed by nearly all political leaders and groups in the state, on both the right and left including: · Governor John Hickenlooper (D)
· Former Governor Bill Owens (R)
· Former Governor Bill Ritter (D)
· Congressman Jared Polis, Democratic Candidate for Governor (D)
· Walker Stapleton, Republican Candidate for Governor (R)
· Dozens of mayors of both urban and rural cities including Denver Mayor Michael Hancock (D)
· Colorado Chamber of Commerce and dozens of local chambers of commerce